The editors constructed a Time Magazine cover based on entirely false information that was the opposite of the truth.
So let’s deconstruct the Time Magazine cover. The crying toddler was never separated from her mother. They are together in a family facility.
However, the girl WAS torn away from the father and her three siblings by the mother—who then took her on a very dangerous journey to Mexico by hiring a “coyote.” In other words, she had enough money to pay human smugglers.
And her motive was the imagined economic opportunity that she might have in America. She was neither destitute nor in danger in Honduras.
Granted, the elements of the story may change, but what I’ve written above is based on more evidence than Time Magazine had for its narrative.
Any American citizen who exposed their child to such risks for so little reason would probably lose custody in family court!
Why should we believe anything these lying Trump-haters tell us?
The Daily Mail reports, “EXCLUSIVE: ‘They’re together and safe’: Father of Honduran two-year-old who became the face of family separation crisis reveals daughter was never separated from her mother, but the image of her in tears at U.S. border control ‘broke his heart’”
‘You can imagine how I felt when I saw that photo of my daughter. It broke my heart. It’s difficult as a father to see that, but I know now that they are not in danger. They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border,’ he said.
Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.
He revealed that his wife had previously mentioned her wish to go to the United States for a ‘better future’ but did not tell him nor any of their family members that she was planning to make the trek.
‘I didn’t support it. I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that? But it was her decision at the end of the day.’
He said that Sandra had always wanted to experience ‘the American dream’ and hoped to find a good job in the States.
Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes, explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum.
He said that Sandra set out on the 1,800-mile journey with the baby girl on June 3, at 6am, and he has not heard from her since.
‘I never got the chance to say goodbye to my daughter and now all I can do is wait’, he said, adding that he hopes they are either granted political asylum or are sent back home.
‘I don’t have any resentment for my wife, but I do think it was irresponsible of her to take the baby with her in her arms because we don’t know what could happen.’
The couple has three other children, son Wesly, 14, and daughters Cindy, 11, and Brianna, six.
‘The kids see what’s happening. They’re a little worried but I don’t try to bring it up that much. They know their mother and sister are safe now.’
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com