Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump wants to build a wall to keep foreigners out and Secretary of State John Kerry calls for a “borderless world.” Isn’t there a better option? – Ron Paul
Former Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) recently appeared on the Ron Paul Liberty Report to discuss Donald Trump’s ownership of the illegal immigration issue, including Trump’s plan to build a wall between the USA and Mexico, and Obama crony, John Kerry’s decision to argue that we’ll soon have a “borderless world.”
Dr. Paul wonders why the debate has to always include two options that are so opposed to each other. He continues by wondering if there isn’t a middle ground, some better option that lies somewhere between the two extremes?
Trending: British Muslims say Keep Your Dogs AWAY!
Ron Paul has offered his own plan on illegal immigration in the past:
- Abolish the welfare state. The incentive to take a job at whatever wage available must prevail.
- Establish a generous visitor work program. Once we solve the economic crisis by introducing sound money, demand for domestic and immigrant labor will rise.
- Enforce the laws on the books with more border guards. Allow states and landowners to enforce the law and provide security assistance.
- Abolish birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants. [Current U.S. citizens will not be affected. Instead, babies born to illegals after a future cutoff date will no longer gain automatic U.S. citizenship. They will still have citizenship in their parents’ home countries.]
- End all federal mandates on the states to provide free education and medical care for illegal immigrants.