Over the summer there was a disturbing trend that coincided with the many pro-Palestinian marches that took place across our country. That trend was violence, hatred and evil rhetoric.
One disturbing example took place in Washington, D.C. at the very gates of the White House!
A mob of Palestinian supporters forced the police to evacuate a group of Israeli supporters when the pro-Palestinian group grew belligerent and violent. However, the police did not evacuate Manny Vega, a former Marine and passionate supporter of the USA and Israel. He was left to face the gross behavior of the unruly mob. Mr. Vega was punched, kicked and even spat upon (this occurs multiple times in the video between :52 second and the 1:00 mark) as the protestors surrounded him and tried to burn his flags.
Trending: The Jesus was a Socialist Lie
On Saturday, August 2, a national march for Gaza took place in front of the White House. A pro-Israeli counter-protester (U.S. Marine and Iraq War veteran Manny Vega) was standing on 16th and H Streets with Israeli and American flags. Vega was approached by an Arab who began engaging in a very productive conversation with him. However, as more pro-Palestinian protesters marched by them, some engaged in violent acts against him. (This is where the video begins recording.) He was punched, pulled, kicked, and even spat on. (Spitting occurs multiple times between 0:52 and 1:00.) See also http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/20…. #2DC4Gaza #LetGazaLive #FreePalestine #Protest4Palestine
Co-sponsors of the march:
– ANSWER Coalition
– American Muslims for Palestine (AMP)
– Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
– American Muslim Alliance (AMA)
– Al-Awda: Palestine Right to Return Coalition
– Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)
– Muslim Legal Fund of America
– MAS Immigrant Justice Center
– Code Pink
* (Aug. 6) If any of the co-sponsors listed above condemn this attack, apologize to Manny Vega and assist law enforcement with identifying the assaulters, let me know and I will make a note here. *
* (Aug. 8) Some commenters were asking why Manny reacted strongly in the first few seconds of the video. It’s because he was already being attacked and driven away by some protesters; I started recording moments afterward so the video doesn’t show the initial confrontation.
This trend towards violence is one that should be quickly apparent and telling of the pro-Palestinian and Islamic movements. Americans have become used to Christian protests that are often silent and peaceful. Islamic protests are nothing of the sort because the root philosophy of the two religions is very, very different.
Just because you say Islam is a religion of peace… doesn’t make it so.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com