The famous atheist scientist Richard Dawkins recently came under fire for telling pregnant parents carrying Down Syndrome babies that the only moral thing to do was to abort the child.
In Dawkins mind it is immoral to knowingly bring a baby with Down syndrome into this world.
— Richard Dawkins (@RichardDawkins) August 20, 2014
Dawkins later defended his view, saying he would not apologise “for approaching moral philosophic questions in a logical way”. He went on to point out that Down’s syndrome foetuses are aborted in many cases, and that abortion was a woman’s choice.
He’s right, of course. (No I am not agreeing with him – just with his worldly reasoning.) Dawkins is simply following his “moral” beliefs to their logical conclusions.
Which is what is so absolutely terrifying.
Western Culture is moving in the direction of the Richard Dawkins’ of the world. Which means that Western Culture and values are moving away from us, conservative Judeo-Christian morality.
Abortion is the most glaring example of this truth. Abortion is the leading cause of death in the United States every year. Since 1973 almost 57 Million children have been legally slaughtered by their parents. To put that number into perspective, there are about 50 million children in American public elementary and secondary schools. Meaning – since 1973 we’ve legally murdered an entire generation of Americans.
If we just look at abortion as it pertains to children with Down syndrome – the picture grows even more disgusting.
We are eradicating Down syndrome. Normally when we accomplish something like this, it is reason for rejoicing. Eradicate polio, measles, mumps, rubella etc… and there is reason for us to celebrate! But we destroyed these diseases through the advance of science… we are destroying Down Syndrome through genocide. We are the fulfillment of Hitler’s demonic vision.
A full 90% of Down syndrome babies are now murdered before birth. Abortion is the tool the West is using to end Down syndrome. Just as Hitler and the other eugenic monsters of the early 20 century hoped…
In fact listen to the things that pregnant couples that aborted their Down syndrome child said in an effort to defend their actions.
* I have an image of how I want to interact with my child, and that’s not the kind of interaction I want, not the kind I could maintain. (133)
* I’m sorry to say I couldn’t think about raising a child with Down’s. I’m something of a perfectionist. I want the best for my child. I’ve worked hard, I went to Cornell University, I’d want that for my child. I’d want to teach him things he couldn’t absorb. I’m sorry I can’t be more accepting, but I’m clear I wouldn’t want to continue the pregnancy.( 133 – 134)
* The bottom line is when my neighbor said to me: “Having a “tard,” that’s a bummer for life.” (91)
* I just couldn’t do it, couldn’t be that kind of mother who accepts everything, loves her kid no matter what. What about me? Maybe it’s selfish, I don’t know. But I just didn’t want all those problems in my life. (138)
* If he can’t grow up to have a shot at becoming the president, we don’t want him.(92)
* It’s devastating, it’s a waste, all the love that goes into kids like that. (134)
* I think it’s kind of like triage, or like euthanasia. There aren’t enough resources in the world. We’d have to move, to focus our whole family on getting a handicapped kid a better deal… Why spend $50,000 to save one child?(146)
Life News responded to Dawkins (and other Down abortion advocates) by quoting recent scientific research:
An NBC article by Kimbery Hayes Taylor describes the results of 3 studies conducted by Boston Children’s Hospital. In the first study, out of 2,044 parents or guardians surveyed, 79% reported their outlook on life was “more positive” because of their child with Down syndrome.
A second study found that among siblings of children with Down syndrome, 97% expressed feelings of pride for their brother or sister and 88% were convinced that they were better people because of their sibling. This study polled siblings over the age of 12.
A third study focused on the feelings and attitudes of people with Down syndrome themselves. Among adults with Down, 99% said they were happy with their lives and 97% said they liked who they were. 96% said they liked the way they looked. You would probably not find such high numbers among the general public. According to the study, Down syndrome children grow up to be happy adults.
We are living in a dangerous and terrifying time. In the Islamic world extremists are committing genocide on Christians and other minority groups.
But even more disgusting – in our “cultured” and “tolerant” Western Civilization — we are committing genocide upon the weakest and most needy among us. Stop the genocide, America. Abortion is our national sin and we are quickly growing to embrace the horror that is eugenics.Notes:
- Eugenics was proposed by Francis Galton, who made up the word and the idea, proposed Eugenics “for the betterment of mankind.” But that’s as far as the nice-sounding stuff goes. The actual definition is rather horrible: the controlled and selective breeding of the human race. Galton based his ideas on the theories of his cousin: Charles Darwin. [↩]
- the controlled and selective breeding of the human race [↩]
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com