Look, our President is a socialist – even if he doesn’t want to openly admit being so. His heroes are socialists, his philosophical forbears are all far to the left of the American political center, and all of his ideas move us ever closer to socialism. So when he speaks, we shouldn’t be surprised if the things he says sound… socialist.
He was recently on a fundraising tour of the West Coast, and in Seattle he let forth with this gem of a line that Chris Cillizza at the Washington Post took note of… (and no, this is not some crazy far-right conspiracy site – this is the Washington Post).
But whether people see what’s happening in Ukraine, and Russia’s aggression towards its neighbors in the manner in which it’s financing and arming separatists; to what’s happened in Syria — the devastation that Assad has wrought on his own people; to the failure in Iraq for Sunni and Shia and Kurd to compromise — although we’re trying to see if we can put together a government that actually can function; to ongoing terrorist threats; to what’s happening in Israel and Gaza — part of peoples’ concern is just the sense that around the world the old order isn’t holding and we’re not quite yet to where we need to be in terms of a new order that’s based on a different set of principles, that’s based on a sense of common humanity, that’s based on economies that work for all people. – President Barack H. Obama
Are you freaking kidding?
If you believe that Barack Obama is a mainstream centrist Democrat who isn’t a socialist, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona you might like.
Sadly, this discontent, this unease that President Obama says that we all feel is being fed by our weak and politically malignant President.
President Obama’s reticence to have any part in the current world events that are rocking our planet ironically create a situation where he is having a HUGE affect on what happens. His weakness. His double-mindedness. His horrible leadership.
All of these things are playing a huge part in the fostering of dangerous circumstances for our entire planet. Obama’s election to the White House has made life more dangerous for nearly everyone.
- In Western Europe, the nations have become ever more susceptible to the evils of Islam; meanwhile our allies trust us less because of the many failures of the US intelligence community and the liberties the NSA has taken with innocent civilians privacy.
- In Eastern Europe, the former Soviet satellites all thought that they had a steady friend in the USA, but the truth is that we have left them at the mercies of a criminal despot. Now Vladimir Putin looms large, threatening life in some of the most pro-American nations in the world. Poland, Estonia, Georgia all love the USA and hoped to emulate us… but now they know that the USA won’t help if Putin invades.
- In Non-Muslim Africa, life has become ever more tenuous, as Islamic terrorism in North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa has grown more violent than ever before. To be a non-Muslim in the northern half of Africa means to take your life in your hands every single day. Kenya, Nigeria and other non-Muslim majority nations are suffering the constant blows of a violent enemy… and all our President does is watch.
- In Latin America, life has grown ever more deadly. The drug cartels are more powerful, the socialist autocrats have tightened control, and now these lawless nations are sending more and more of their own citizens to our borders to try to overwhelm our political system. But instead of working to secure our borders and to dismantle the cartels… Obama fundraises by day and eats Texas BBQ by night.
- In Asia, China grows more aggressive and our Asian friends grow more wary. If our allies in Eastern Europe couldn’t rely on us when they needed help against the Russians, how can our friends in Asia count on us for help against the Chinese of whom we are far more fearful? They can’t. If China invades Taiwan, we will not help. This knowledge has made the eastern world very tense in recent days… and there is no relief in sight.
- In the Middle East, President Obama supported militants who would become ISIS. Now ISIS may be an even bigger enemy of ours than Al Qaeda! In fact, we still prefer them in Syria while hating them in Iraq! President Obama’s actions and inactions have directly contributed to everything negative that has transpired in the Middle East in recent years. In fact, ISIS may exist today primarily because Obama is President.
- In the USA, Obama left his most damaging policies for us. Still in the midst of the worst/slowest economic recovery in American history, we continue to face uncertainty and gloom. Our borders are overrun, our government is corrupt, our citizens face attack from the government who is supposed to represent them, and our President rules like a king. A recent poll called Obama the worst President since WWII.
That’s just being generous… he may well be the worst President ever.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com