I recently got one of those “anonymous” chain emails from an Eagle Rising reader. The email had to do with a short list of “America’s Conundrums.” The list serves to remind us just how paradoxical (and foolish) the liberal mind and policies really are.
Here it is — see if you can figure out how any of these works…
A conundrum….that which does not compute?
The definition of the word “conundrum”: something that is puzzling or confusing.
Here are six conundrums of socialism in the United States of America:
1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet they want America to be more like those other
Think about it! And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century.
Makes you wonder who is doing the math.
How about these three, short sentences which tell you a lot about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works…?
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. How come we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money? What’s interesting is the first group “worked for” their money, but the second didn’t. Think about it…..
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans; no pay raises for our military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.
Am I the only one missing something???
I think a lot of conservative Americans are wondering the same thing… “What are we missing?” It’s as though liberals have decided that logic has no place in their thought processes or philosophical beliefs. They just decide that something seems good and champion those causes with abandon… even when they make no sense in the real world.
Maybe that should be the new definition of what it means to be liberal?
“Liberal – to check all reason at the door and fight for solutions that will actually hurt your cause.”
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com