Paul Bedard of the Washington Examiner has compiled an amazing list of the 249 accomplishments President Donald Trump has achieved while in office and as far as Bedard is concerned the list proves that Trump is a “relentless promise keeper.”
In his October 12 article, Bedard even notes that Trump has achieved more goals than even Ronald Reagan.
They include 173 major wins, such as adding more than 4 million jobs, and another 116 smaller victories, some with outsize importance, such as the 83 percent one-year increase in arrests of MS-13 gang members.
Many said an outsider like Trump could never beat the establishment. Well, maybe they were wrong…
“President Trump is a truly unique leader in American history. He’s a kid from Queens who became an international business leader and made billions by getting things when no one said he could,” said Trump’s 2016 campaign pollster John McLaughlin.
“They told him he couldn’t be president and beat the establishment and he did. For two years the establishment is telling him he can’t do things in Washington and he’s succeeding in spite of them. He never retreats. He doesn’t back up. He’s relentless. He just wins,” he added.
Bedard listed all 249 massive achievements. But I’ll except just a few:
- 4.2 percent growth in the second quarter of 2018.
- For the first time in more than a decade, growth is projected to exceed 3 percent over the calendar year.
- 4 million new jobs have been created since the election, and more than 3.5 million since Trump took office.
- More Americans are employed now than ever before in our history.
- Jobless claims at lowest level in nearly five decades.
- The economy has achieved the longest positive job-growth streak on record.
- Job openings are at an all-time high and outnumber job seekers for the first time on record.
- Unemployment claims at 50 year low
- African-American, Hispanic, and Asian-American unemployment rates have all recently reached record lows.
- African-American unemployment hit a record low of 5.9 percent in May 2018.
- Hispanic unemployment at 4.5 percent.
- Asian-American unemployment at record low of 2 percent.
- Women’s unemployment recently at lowest rate in nearly 65 years.
- Female unemployment dropped to 3.6 percent in May 2018, the lowest since October 1953.
- Youth unemployment recently reached its lowest level in more than 50 years.
- July 2018’s youth unemployment rate of 9.2 percent was the lowest since July 1966.
- Veterans’ unemployment recently hit its lowest level in nearly two decades.
- July 2018’s veterans’ unemployment rate of 3.0 percent matched the lowest rate since May 2001.
- Unemployment rate for Americans without a high school diploma recently reached a record low.
- Rate for disabled Americans recently hit a record low.
- Blue-collar jobs recently grew at the fastest rate in more than three decades.
- Poll found that 85 percent of blue-collar workers believe their lives are headed “in the right direction.”
- 68 percent reported receiving a pay increase in the past year.
- Last year, job satisfaction among American workers hit its highest level since 2005.
- Nearly two-thirds of Americans rate now as a good time to find a quality job.
- Optimism about the availability of good jobs has grown by 25 percent.
- Added more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since the election.
- Manufacturing employment is growing at its fastest pace in more than two decades.
- 100,000 new jobs supporting the production & transport of oil & natural gas.
- Median household income rose to $61,372 in 2017, a post-recession high.
- Wages up in August by their fastest rate since June 2009.
- Paychecks rose by 3.3 percent between 2016 and 2017, the most in a decade.
- Council of Economic Advisers found that real wage compensation has grown by 1.4 percent over the past year.
- Some 3.9 million Americans off food stamps since the election.
- Median income for Hispanic-Americans rose by 3.7 percent and surpassed $50,000 for the first time ever in history.
- Home-ownership among Hispanics is at the highest rate in nearly a decade.
- Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels ever recorded.
- Investment is flooding back into the United States due to the tax cuts.
- Over $450 billion dollars has already poured back into the U.S., including more than $300 billion in the first quarter of 2018.
- Retail sales have surged. Commerce Department figures from August show that retail sales increased 0.5 percent in July 2018, an increase of 6.4 percent from July 2017.
- ISM’s index of manufacturing scored its highest reading in 14 years.
- Worker productivity is the highest it has been in more than three years.
- Steel and aluminum producers are re-opening.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and NASDAQ have all notched record highs.
- Dow hit record highs 70 times in 2017 alone, the most ever recorded in one year.
- Achieved massive deregulation at a rapid pace, completing 22 deregulatory actions to every one regulatory action during his first year in office.
- Signed legislation to roll back costly and harmful provisions of Dodd-Frank, providing relief to credit unions, and community and regional banks.
- Federal agencies achieved more than $8 billion in lifetime net regulatory cost savings.
- Rolled back Obama’s burdensome Waters of the U.S. rule.
- Used the Congressional Review Act to repeal regulations more times than in history.
- Biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history by signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs act into law
- Provided more than $5.5 trillion in gross tax cuts, nearly 60 percent of which will go to families.
- Increased the exemption for the death tax to help save Family Farms & Small Business.
- Nearly doubled the standard deduction for individuals and families.
- Enabled vast majority of American families will be able to file their taxes on a single page by claiming the standard deduction.
- Doubled the child tax credit to help lessen the financial burden of raising a family.
- Lowered America’s corporate tax rate from the highest in the developed world to allow
- American businesses to compete and win.
- Small businesses can now deduct 20 percent of their business income.
- Cut dozens of special interest tax breaks and closed loopholes for the wealthy.
- 9 in 10 American workers are expected see an increase in their paychecks thanks to the tax cuts, according to the Treasury Department.
- More than 6 million of American workers have received wage increases, bonuses, and increased benefits thanks to tax cuts.
- Over 100 utility companies have lowered electric, gas, or water rates thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Ernst & Young found 89 percent of companies planned to increase worker compensation thanks to the Trump tax cuts.
- Established opportunity zones to spur investment in left behind communities.
… and there is SOOOO much more.
To see the whole incredible list, take a click over to Bedard’s October 12 article.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com