You’ll recall that last month that Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was destroyed by another hate-filled liberal. Well, this week Trump stars began appearing all up and down the walk.
EPIC: Donald Trump "Stars" pasted all over Hollywood Blvd! pic.twitter.com/wBj8LfyH08
— Michael J. Morrison (@OfficeOfMike) August 9, 2018
Trending: Hillary, Huma and the Muslim Brotherhood
The stars that suddenly began appearing on Thursday were created by a group of artists calling themselves “The Faction,” according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The effort comes from a conservative street artist who wishes to remain anonymous, but says he was motivated not only by the destruction of the president’s real star, but also a recent unanimous vote by the West Hollywood City Council to recommend the removal of Trump’s star due to accusations he has mistreated women.
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and Los Angeles City Council haven’t weighed in on the matter, but those who oppose the proposal note that others in Hollywood who have also been accused of mistreating women still have stars on the Walk of Fame, most notably Bill Cosby.
The anonymous artist says he’s not done with his mission to preserve Trump’s star. “Rip up the president’s Walk of Fame star or try to have it removed — like you’re the mayor of West Hollywood or something — and 30 more will pop up,” the artist tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The artist and his cohorts, who call themselves “The Faction” and are allies of prolific conservative artist Sabo, spent $1,000 on the stars, which they printed on sheets of floor vinyl with adhesive backing, and their mission was partially financed by “a young and anonymous entrepreneur.”
“I didn’t want to get hit over the head from behind. We thought Trump Derangement Syndrome was a joke, but I’m pretty sure it’s real,” the artist told the media. “If no one peels these off, they could last there for 10 years.”
But some businesses began removing the faux Trumps stars that were in front of their businesses right away claiming they were afraid that some liberal might again break out their pickaxes to attack the fake Trump stars.
“We didn’t want to have what happened to the old star here. Not only would the star be destroyed, but it would damage our property,” an employee of Ripley’s Believe it or Not! museum told the Reporter.
Trump’s star was destroyed for a second time in July.
The first time the star was destroyed by a Bernie Sanders supporter named James Otis who used a sledgehammer and pickax to ruin the thing just before the 2016 election. Otis pleaded no contest to the felony and was sentenced to community labor and ordered to pay $4,400 for the damage.
The second time was just last month when 24-year-old Austin Clay destroyed the marker. He was booked on felony vandalism and held on $20,000 bail.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com