The supposedly missing FBI texts between anti-Trump zealots and adulterers leave us without commentary on significant events.
Byron York writes about those conveniently lost FBI texts between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page who seemed to respect their marriage vows as much as they do the Constitution. As I mentioned, there are five months of text messages that allegedly were lost due to a vaguely described technical failure. The FBI authorities who claim this are obviously brazenly lying to Congress. York lists the events that occurred during the period of the “lost” FBI texts.
From the Washingon Examiner: “Congress seeks answers after FBI claims texts missing in Trump-Russia probe.”
Given the amount of texting that went on between Strzok and Page, who were having an extramarital affair, that probably meant thousands of missing documents.
A number of critical events in the Trump-Russia affair occurred between December 2016 and May 2017, including:
- Conversations between Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn and Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
- The completion and publication of the intelligence community assessment of Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- The briefing in which FBI director James Comey told President-elect Donald Trump about the Trump dossier.
- The president’s inauguration.
- The nomination and confirmation of new Justice Department leadership.
- Flynn’s interview with the FBI (conducted by Strzok).
- Comey’s assurances to Trump that he, Trump, was not under investigation.
- A variety of revelations, mostly in the Washington Post and New York Times, about various Trump figures under investigation.
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recusal from the Russia probe.
- The firing of top Obama Justice Department holdover Sally Yates.
- Trump’s tweet alleging he was wiretapped.
- Trump’s firing of Comey.
- And, finally, on May 17, 2017 — the final day of the missing texts — the appointment of Trump-Russia special prosecutor Robert Mueller.
Strzok and Page had a lot to talk about.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com