The fat kid, aka Kim Jong Un, has become more bold in his plans to attack the United States.
On Friday, North Korea tested one of the intercontinental ballistic missiles that they have been working on, which is their second launch of that type of missile in 24 days. For the first time, it appears as though they can easily reach the West Coast.
The Defense Intelligence Agency has warned that president it is very possible for North Korea to attack 48 of our states with a nuclear weapon within the next year.
Trending: Sean Hannity Biased? CNN Is Much Worse!
New York Times reports:
The missile launched on Friday remained aloft for roughly 47 minutes, according to American, South Korean and Japanese officials, following a steep trajectory that took it roughly 2,300 miles into space. It then turned and arced sharply down into the sea near the northernmost Japanese island, Hokkaido.
If that trajectory had been flattened out — a step the North may have avoided for fear of provoking an American military response — the missile could have put a number of major American cities at risk, experts say. The Pentagon was quick to declare that the “North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) determined the missile launch from North Korea did not pose a threat to North America.” That statement, while true, ignored the potential long-term implications of the launch.
Defense analyst Kim Dong-yub at the Institute for Far Eastern Studies in Seoul said, “Depending on how heavy a warhead it carries, this latest North Korean missile would easily reach the West Coast of the United States with a range of 9,000 to 10,000 kilometers,” or 5,600 to 6,200 miles. With this missile, North Korea leaves no doubt that its missile has a range that covers most of the United States.”
North Korea’s official news agency said Saturday that Kim Jong-un had called the test a “stern warning” to the United States. He also boasted that the North was “capable of the surprise launching of an intercontinental ballistic missile at any time and from anywhere and that all of the mainland United States is within the range of our missiles.”
However, after Trump convened with his new White House cabinet, he has assured that the situation will “be handled.”
He said, “We’re gonna be able to handle North Korea. It will be handled. We handle everything.”
Fox News reports:
Trump was seated between Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defense Gen. James Mattis (Ret.) at the table as he addressed reporters.
At the end of his remarks, a reporter got in a question about North Korea after the rogue regime conducted yet another missile test.
Responding on “America’s Newsroom,” the former White House chief of staff under President George H.W. Bush, John Sununu said it sounds like the administration “may be hinting that we’re about to do something” when it comes to North Korea.
He said a “cyber” response from the United States could occur after Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he and Trump agreed on the need to take further action against Pyongyang.
We need to act now to prevent the destruction of U.S. cities and the loss of American lives. We cannot sit around and wait idly, wondering if Kim Jong Un will live up to his threats.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com