Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft has been bumped out of first place as the world’s richest man. So who is?
Due to the 1.6 percent surge in Amazon.com Inc. shares, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was thrust into the top position. His net worth is $90.9 billion! Bill Gates’ net with is a solid $90.7 billion. So it is not too much of a lead, but Bezos’ is still there.
It is interesting to see someone finally pull ahead of Gates because he has held the lead since 2013. Until now, that is.
The retail giant has been dominating the market with its growth strategy, which has helped the share value shoot up from $237 to $1070.
The top ten richest people in the world and what they are worth are as follows:
- Jeff Bezos, $90.7 billion
- Bill Gates, $90.7 billion
- Amaneceo Ortega, $83.5 billion
- Warren Buffett, $74.4 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg, $68.7 billion
- Carlos Slim Helu, $66.5 billion
- Larry Ellison, $62.1 billion
- Michael Bloomberg, $53.3 billion
- Charles Koch, $48.6 billion
- David Koch, $48.6 billion
President Donald Trump is estimated to have a $3.5 billion worth by Forbes. However, it is hard to say because Trump has not released his tax returns, nor has he revealed how much he actually makes.
Do you think Gates will surpass Bezos again?
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com