Woman Breaks Hip as She Runs Across Rooftops to Escape Rapist….SWAT Stand Off Ensues

Lenny Epps has been convicted of EIGHT different charges after he not only raped a woman at gunpoint but then also held up SWAT for seven hours in 2015, in West Baltimore. Epps was on federal parole at the time for murdering a state’s witness back in 1984, when this all went down.

According to reports, Epps and his then-girlfriend were discussing their relationship on October 10, 2015, when she left for work. Upon her return, he tried to imitate sex but she was not interested in it. His girlfriend believed him to be cheating and therefore did not want to get down and dirty with him. This answer was not acceptable to Epps.

He demanded, “Turn over, we going to do this **** my way today,” as he pressed an ice pick against her neck. After he had her down, he used ropes to tie her up. However, instead of a traditional restraint, he tied her wrists to her ankle, left to left and right to right. He then propped her up on pillows, grabbed Vaseline (Vaseline? That’s a new one…..) and began his assault.

take our poll - story continues below

Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?

  • Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Eagle Rising updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Breaking 911 reports:

During the attack, he forced the woman to drink vodka to “put her in the mood.” She protested, but was forced to drink until she vomited. Epps then placed a sock into her mouth and duct taped her mouth shut. Throughout the attack, Epps held a gun to the woman.

The woman asked Epps to loosen the restraints so that she could use the bathroom. While she was in the bathroom, Epps ordered delivery food. The woman escaped by climbing out of the bathroom window when she heard Epps go downstairs to speak with the delivery driver.

The woman—naked— ran across the porch roofs of her neighbors’ homes as she was being chased by Epps. At the end of the row, she jumped to the ground, fracturing her hip. Despite her injury, she continued to run as Epps chased behind her with the gun. Three witnesses came to the woman’s aid during the chase.

Epps broke off pursuit and returned to the street where the woman lived in the 2700 block of Baker Street. He began banging on the window of a resident who lived two doors down from the victim. The neighbor ran screaming from her home and Epps forced his way inside. At some point, Epps left that residence and returned to his victim’s home where he barricaded himself inside.

Seven hours later, he finally surrendered to SWAT, and is now facing two life sentences, as well as 42 years, for his crimes. His sentencing is scheduled for July 17, 2017.

State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby stated, “I commend the incredible bravery, intelligence, and strength it took for the survivor of this attack to escape and work with us to send Epps back to prison,” she continued,  “Every woman has a right to determine the fate of her own bodies, and she was well within those rights to deny intercourse at any point—whether they were together or not.”

Mosby added, “These situations are tense for everyone involved. We are grateful for the way those officers conducted themselves that night.”

The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com

About the author

Keely Sharp

Keely Sharp

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Send this to a friend