3-Year-Old Found Living in Apartment for Several Days After Her Mother Died

A three-year-old little girl was found in an East Hartford, Connecticut apartment after she survived several days past the death of her mother.

social worker was called to check on the child on Monday because the day care where the little girl was taken said she had not been attending.  That’s when the body of the 37-year-old mother was found dead in bed, and the 3-year-old dehydrated, but alive.

Police called the little girl’s survival “remarkable” after being in the home for several days with nothing to eat, except a box of cereal that had spilled onto the floor.

The child was taken to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center and determined to be in good condition.  Later custody was to be determined by the Department of Children and Families.

take our poll - story continues below

What is your top alternative to Facebook? - FIXED

  • What is your top alternative to Facebook?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Eagle Rising updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: Adam Schiff Demands Trump Have a ‘Time-Out’

NBC Connecticut reported on neighbors reactions.

Jermain Hawkins said he knew something was wrong when he saw police Monday.

“I heard about the daughter that was in there ya know so I just thank God everything went well on that part at least,” he said.

Susan Tash, who lives in the same building, knew the mother and daughter and said that the victim was a single mother. Tash said she heard some unusual noise from the apartment recently but didn’t think much of it at the time.

“I started hearing that about a week ago and it was really loud and the baby would scream and cry while the TV was on and then she would stop, but the TV still would be blasting,” Tash said.

Tash said she had no idea something was wrong or she would have done something.

“I was horrified – I wish I went up there when that TV was blasting,” Tash told NBC Connecticut.

Deputy Chief Beau Thurnauer said the woman’s death is being investigated as an untimely death.  No foul play is being discussed as of the writing of this article.  No forced entry and not signs of criminal activity were discovered at the scene.

Police are now awaiting a medical examiner’s report on the cause of death.

Sadly, it took a social worker to discover what had happened.  Where were family and friends?  Why was there no one in this woman’s life that would have been disturbed that no contact had been made for days?  Even in the video above and comments above, there were neighbors who thought there were strange things going on.  Why did no one seek to discover or provide help?  Why did it take someone from government to make the discovery?  Could it be that we are more and more secluding ourselves from one another in our society instead of truly loving one another?

Reposted With Permission From Freedom Outpost

The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com

About the author

Tim Brown

Tim Brown

Tim Brown is an author and Editor at FreedomOutpost.com, husband to his wife, father of 10, jack of all trades, Christian and lover of liberty. He resides in the U.S. occupied Great State of South Carolina. Tim is also an affiliate for the brand new Joshua Mark 5 AR/AK hybrid semi-automatic rifle.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Send this to a friend