CNN has spent hours upon hours of programming attacking and denigrating President Trump and his administration, so it’s nice to catch them in a moment of weakness forced to admit how sensationally the President is still being received by average Americans.
First Chris Cuomo is forced to admit that the economic numbers are nothing but “good news, period” for the Trump team.
Then CNN’s political director David Chalian was brought on the set to discuss just how much America’s business community LOVES the President.
“The business community could not be more enthusiastic right now about Donald Trump. That is great for him out of the gate,” Chalian noted as he touched on how exceptional the jobs market is and how quickly the market and the economy have rebounded under Trump. “Obviously the market is responding thusly. He’s highlighted individual companies where he is able to make some job deals, so this has been a big positive for him.”
Here’s a quick review of just how spectacular President Trump is doing in his first 50 days in office.
- Immediately reinstated the Mexico City Policy ending abortion funding overseas. Trump also signed a new law making the Hyde Amendment permanent. The Hyde Amendment bans federal funding of abortion, period. Just these two actions immediately saved thousands of lives, and if truly permanent could mean millions saved over the next decade or so.
- The numbers of illegal immigrants entering the United States has already plummeted!Apprehensions in February were 18,762, which is lower than any of the totals seen over the last five years, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics released late Wednesday.Homeland Security Sec. John Kelly said the “unprecedented” drop from 31,578 apprehensions in January reflects a reduced flow of illegal immigrants, and indicates that President Trump’s immigration policies are already helping to reduce that traffic.
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! More than 235K new jobs were added to the American economy in February, a number we have not seen in YEARS. The hiring spike also drove unemployment down, but perhaps even more importantly the number of Americans in the labor force is higher than it’s ever been.
- The Debt. The enormous amount of debt that our nation finds itself in is no joke, but in the 50 days since Trump has taken office our debt has fallen by a shocking $68 BILLION!
On inauguration day, the debt stood at $19.947 trillion. Since then it has reversed by $68 billion, or 0.3 percent, for the first time in at least 10 years.
What happened in the same period after Barack Obama’s inauguration in 2009? The debt rose $320 billion in the same period – an increase of 3.1 percent. Overall, the debt nearly doubled in Obama’s eight years, by far the largest increase in any administration in history.
- The Stock Market. The stock market has already hit record highs on multiple occasions throughout the first 50 days of the Trump presidency and on the heels of the new job numbers it spiked yet again. Businesses, investors, and even your average American saver are all so confident in the work the President and our GOP Congress are doing that they are investing more money into our economy than they have in almost 20 years.
Now that CNN is finally facing facts and acknowledging the good work being done by the Trump administration, do you think other media outlets will follow suit? I, personally, won’t be holding my breath.
Now we just have to watch out for the Fed and those danged interest rates…
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com