“Nearly all children ultimately identify with their biological sex. The notion that a two-year-old, having expressed thoughts or behaviors identified with the opposite sex, can be labeled for life as transgender has absolutely no support in science. Indeed, it is iniquitous to believe that all children who have gender-atypical thoughts or behavior at some point in their development, particularly before puberty, should be encouraged to become transgender.”
“Examining research from the biological, psychological, and social sciences, this report shows that some of the most frequently heard claims about sexuality and gender are not supported by scientific evidence.”
— From a Special Report on Sexuality and Gender in The New Atlantis journal.
What is likely the most important scientific report ever conducted on the issue of sexual preference and gender confusion has just been released and it is sending SHOCKWAVES throughout the world.
In particular, the report is enraging militant LGBT activists on the Left who believe that any notion that their personal life choices are anything but perfect, is hateful.
The report was undertaken by two respected scientists, one of whom is regarded as one of the most influential and important American psychiatrist of the last half century. Neither man is a cultural conservative and both have strong empathy for the people in the LGBT community; however, both men also respect the scientific process and so the travelled where the evidence took them… even as it led them to argue that the current cultural trends to defend homosexuality and gender confusion are misguided at best, and culturally destructive at worst.
Professor Lawrence S. Mayer of Arizona State University and Paul McHugh of Johns Hopkins University co-authored the groundbreaking sexuality and gender report that looked at the top peer-reviewed studies across the major scientific fields.
Here are some of their “key findings”:
- The understanding of sexual orientation as an innate, biologically fixed property of human beings—the idea that people are “born that way”—is not supported by scientific evidence.
- Compared to heterosexuals, non-heterosexuals are about two to three times as likely to have experienced childhood sexual abuse.
- Members of the non-heterosexual population are estimated to have about 1.5 times higher risk of experiencing anxiety disorders than members of the heterosexual population, as well as roughly double the risk of depression, 1.5 times the risk of substance abuse, and nearly 2.5 times the risk of suicide.
- Members of the transgender population are also at higher risk of a variety of mental health problems compared to members of the non-transgender population. Especially alarmingly, the rate of lifetime suicide attempts across all ages of transgender individuals is estimated at 41%, compared to under 5% in the overall U.S. population.
- The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex—that a person might be “a man trapped in a woman’s body” or “a woman trapped in a man’s body”—is not supported by scientific evidence.
- According to a recent estimate, about 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as a gender that does not correspond to their biological sex.
- Compared to the general population, adults who have undergone sex-reassignment surgery continue to have a higher risk of experiencing poor mental health outcomes. One study found that, compared to controls, sex-reassigned individuals were about 5 times more likely to attempt suicide and about 19 times more likely to die by suicide.
- Children are a special case when addressing transgender issues. Only a minority of children who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood… There is no evidence that all children who express gender-atypical thoughts or behavior should be encouraged to become transgender.
Ladies and gentlemen, the scientific evidence tells a compelling story. The cultural left is wrong about almost everything when it comes to gender and sexuality. The confused morality that they are currently forcing upon our government, our schools, our families, and our culture is not just detrimental to our nation — it may literally be destroying our future.
Share this report out far and wide – we must begin pushing back against the horribly detrimental liberal narrative on gender and sexuality, before it’s too late.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com