Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump wants to build a wall to keep foreigners out and Secretary of State John Kerry calls for a “borderless world.” Isn’t there a better option? – Ron Paul
Former Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) recently appeared on the Ron Paul Liberty Report to discuss Donald Trump’s ownership of the illegal immigration issue, including Trump’s plan to build a wall between the USA and Mexico, and Obama crony, John Kerry’s decision to argue that we’ll soon have a “borderless world.”
Dr. Paul wonders why the debate has to always include two options that are so opposed to each other. He continues by wondering if there isn’t a middle ground, some better option that lies somewhere between the two extremes?
Trending: British Muslims say Keep Your Dogs AWAY!
Ron Paul has offered his own plan on illegal immigration in the past:
- Abolish the welfare state. The incentive to take a job at whatever wage available must prevail.
- Establish a generous visitor work program. Once we solve the economic crisis by introducing sound money, demand for domestic and immigrant labor will rise.
- Enforce the laws on the books with more border guards. Allow states and landowners to enforce the law and provide security assistance.
- Abolish birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants. [Current U.S. citizens will not be affected. Instead, babies born to illegals after a future cutoff date will no longer gain automatic U.S. citizenship. They will still have citizenship in their parents’ home countries.]
- End all federal mandates on the states to provide free education and medical care for illegal immigrants.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com