Yesterday was a good day for hypocrisy and baloney. The following items were noticed without even mentioning the horror at the mall in Kenya, our president’s probable birthplace, where many were needlessly slain by terrorists, which is what terrorists do and like. The mall looked like it was in Michigan or South California. Americans were reportedly killed. It could have been in America. Maybe it will be soon. Maybe then our president will finally be forced to say the word “Terror.” It’s a long shot, I know, but maybe.
1) The Swiss outlawed the public wearing of face veils. OK. But it seems like attacking the smallest symptom of a serious disease. Maybe it’s a step in the right direction. Maybe they are trying to head things off before their own version of Holland’s nephew of V. Van Gogh gets a terrorist note stuck to his non-breathing chest with a butcher knife. Maybe an exemplary gnome or something?
2) Some nice folks devoid of any knowledge of history or Biblical faith toppled a monument inscribed with the Ten Commandments. Probably products of our public education system, which espouses the belief that our Founders were evil slave owners, homophobic (whatever that is), misogynistic beasts, the Pilgrims killed the Indians who attended their feast and other idiotic liberal cogitations. Maybe they were just drunk. Or maybe they are really dumb. Or maybe they just hate our Country … or maybe they were liberals … but I repeat myself. So they did the courageous thing and defaced a Monument we all corporately own and, worse, which had the essential Points of God’s Law chiseled on its surface. These cowardly vandals defaced our Monument and insulted the Maker of Heaven and Earth. Smart move. Of course, it’s not a big deal when you consider how the highest court in the land put its chop of approval on the murder of over 50 million helpless and innocent babies about forty years ago. Maybe God won’t notice the tipping of the Monument. He’s already busy noticing the American modern slaughter of The Innocents. Maybe it’s like the fact that there is no mention of Herod’s Slaughter of the Innocents in secular history, probably because his other crimes were so monstrous and large that no one bothered to write it down. So don’t worry about the Monument … for now.
3) Next, Mrs. Clinton told her right-hand-man (who has strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood) she must abandon her hubby, Anthony Wiener. How’s that for being hypocritical? Mr. Clinton makes a complete mockery of the Oval Office (aka: The Cigar Room) and the Presidency in general with his sexual antics and does Hillary jettison him? No. Of course, she wasn’t in control. All she could do was suffer through the humiliation and wait for the scandal to blow over, which generally takes the American Press Corpse (sp?) a day or two to stop noticing altogether. Naturally, had Hillary done anything to hurt Bill’s political career, she would have also hurt herself. Which I’m sure she didn’t even consider. Like all liberals, she just wants what’s best for the country.
4) Egypt kicked out the Muslim brotherhood. It is not clear how they will effectively enforce such a law. Oh, sure, you can enforce it against Morsi who is sitting in jail on murder charges, but what about all those morons running around killing and burning Coptic Christians? I’m sure our prez could come up with some good ideas since he is so smart and such a great orator. But considering his ideas about the Middle East thus far, and the hash he has made of things there so far, maybe we should look for some other Big Idea Guy.
5) Finally, Chris Wallace (liberal at Fox News) informed us that the Republican Leadership tendered him recent negative research (aka: “dirt”) about Senator Cruz from Texas. I wonder what kind of dirt they found. We already know his grades at Harvard law school were stellar. (Not sealed and hidden from view like some scholarly sluggards we have known.) He is articulate (unlike some pedantics we have known who are overly reliant upon teleprompters) and very affable (unlike some very thin skinned pols we have known).
The companion cartoon was quickly done because of the other events noted (which are also very inspirational to a cartoonist) deserve their own panel. The elephant could accurately be a RINO instead, but the RINO’s in congress and Republican leadership positions are so legion and ubiquitous in the GOP, you might as well discard the RINO concept. They are all RINO’s (almost, there is Cruz and a few others), so why exert yourself trying to distinguish.
It seems something else crazy happened yesterday, too. But it slips my memory. And I’m out of space and I have a day job … sort of.
- Republican-in-name-only [↩]
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com