It’s 2015, the 2016 national elections are just a scant 18 months away, so the first Presidential support/attack ads are about to start leaking out. One of the earliest ads comes from a group called Bill for First Lady 2016, and it is not a harbinger of good things to come. Their first effort is titled Hillary 2016: Girls give the top 5 reasons to run and it is a master class in how to make a condescending political advertisement.
See for yourself…
HotAir.com’s Ed Morrissey put together 5 reasons Hillary supporters should be embarrassed by this ad. And boy do we agree…
Here are the top 5 reasons Hillary supporters should be embarrassed by this effort, in no particular order:
- If you can’t find adults to make your case for you, then maybe you should pack it up. Putting words in the mouths of kids who aren’t even old enough to babysit on their own says a lot more about the campaign than it does about the mindsets of the children they exploit.
- Speaking of which, in the midst of all this cheering about empowerment, did anyone notice that the ad chooses their spokesbabies on the basis of their genitalia and then tells them to make an argument based on their anatomy? Talk about objectifying girls …
- If the argument to be made is that electing a woman will produce equal pay in the workplace, then these girls have pickedthe wrong woman to idolize. No, really.
- If the argument is that we need to have a male “First Lady” to stop exploitation of women in the workplace, then these girls really need to rethink their endorsement.
- Having little girls discussing their “vajayjays” as a political argument is just appalling. It’s appalling when adults make genitalia-based arguments, too, but at least we know it’s their
I hope you are preparing yourself to be judged, condescended to and to have your beliefs and values made fun of over the next year. The Democrats will pull out all of the stops to try to win the 2016 Presidential election. It’s going to get ugly and we, the American conservative voter, will likely be the primary victim of the liberal attack machine.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com