The folks at the Southern Poverty law Center (SPLC) have labeled famed neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson an “extremist.” Here’s a list of some of his “extremist” views:
- “Marriage is between a man and a woman.”
- “[I]f we can redefine marriage as between two men or two women or any other way based on social pressures as opposed to between a man and a woman, we will continue to redefine it in any way that we wish, which is a slippery slope with a disastrous ending, as witnessed in the dramatic fall of the Roman Empire.”
- “Obamacare is really the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. And … in a way, it is slavery.”
- “I mean [our government and institutions] are very much like Nazi Germany. … You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they really believe.”
- “What we need to do is come up with something simple. And when I pick up by Bible, you know what I see? I see the first individual in the universe, God, and he’s given us a system. It’s called a tithe.”
I know, you are as shocked as I am after reading these extremist statements by Dr. Carson. In President Obama’s interview with Vox, he said the following: “[Americans] just don’t have a common place where we go to get common facts and a common worldview the way we did 20, 30 years ago.” Twenty or 30 years ago none of the things Dr. Carson stated would have been considered extreme. The majority of people would have agreed with Dr. Carson. The extremism is coming from the radical Left side of the political spectrum, and President Obama is leading the charge, and the extremist courts are back him up.
The Southern Poverty Law Center is a far left fundraising machine that’s always looking for a fund raising tool. The organization rakes in tens of millions of dollars every year from suckers who believe that the SPLC is after their best interests. When it couldn’t find enough white supremacists, KKKers, and Neo-Nazis to scare liberals into giving more money, it expanded its fundraising opportunities by creating a Hate Groups and Extremist Watch Lists.
When you study more about the SPLC, you quickly learn that the organization supports abortion on demand, same-sex marriage, and every discredited leftist cause imaginable.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com