Over the last two years there have been multiple back and forth reports on what occurred at the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. The Benghazi story began to unfold right as many other Obama scandals were also being uncovered, and fortunately for Democrats… it was just after the reelection of President Obama in 2012.
Those tumultuous months, when we began to realize that the White House and their minions had been working overtime to cover up multiple major scandals, hit us with a lot of different information. The flood of scandals and the many stories, lies and facts that came along with them overwhelmed many voters. Instead of keeping tuned in and staying focused, these voters… tuned out.
Sadly, because of this (and with the help of the liberal media), the White House has been able to skate by without being held accountable.
On Friday night three men who were on the US Security team that was in Benghazi that fateful day spoke out on Fox News. Their story, being heard publicly for the first time, sheds new light on what happened, and it also raises a lot of questions about the government’s response to the event.
Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.
“Five minutes, we’re ready,” said Paronto, a former Army Ranger. “It was thumbs up, thumbs up, we’re ready to go.”
But the team was held back. According to the security operators, they were delayed from responding to the attack by the top CIA officer in Benghazi, whom they refer to only as “Bob.”
“It had probably been 15 minutes I think, and … I just said, ‘Hey, you know, we gotta– we need to get over there, we’re losing the initiative,’” said Tiegen. “And Bob just looks straight at me and said, ‘Stand down, you need to wait.’”
“We’re starting to get calls from the State Department guys saying, ‘Hey, we’re taking fire, we need you guys here, we need help,’” said Paronto.
After a delay of nearly 30 minutes, the security team headed to the besieged consulate without orders. They asked their CIA superiors to call for armed air support, which never came.
Now, looking back, the security team said they believed that if they had not been delayed for nearly half an hour, or if the air support had come, things might have turned out differently.
“I strongly believe if we’d left immediately, they’d still be alive today,” he added.
Senior intelligence officials within the government are still saying that no orders to “stand down” were ever given, but the men who were there all agree that they were.
“You use the words ‘stand down,’” Baier noted. “A number of people now, including the House Intelligence Committee insist no one was hindered from responding to the situation at the compound…so what do you say to that?”
“No, it happened,” said Tiegen.
“It happened on the ground– all I can talk about is what happened on that ground that night,” added Paronto. “To us. To myself, twice, and to– to Tig, once. It happened that night. We were told to wait, stand– and stand down. We were delayed three times.”
They also discussed the ridiculous notion that some YouTube video had anything to do with the attack – the men say “no”. This important story from Fox News should rekindle our passion for justice. Those killed in the attack on Benghazi deserve to be heard – they deserve to have their nation stand up for them.
The story that the White House has been peddling about events in Benghazi has been full of deceit and misinformation from the beginning – we can no longer listen to their lies.
We need to demand the truth from our elected officials; otherwise, we are not free men – we are serfs simply following the orders of our masters. The truth about Benghazi is vitally important – not just for the men who died there – this has become about more than just Benghazi. This is about liberty.