The part of the recent Presbyterian USA convention that has been getting the most attention was their vote to “bless” same sex unions. However, there was a far more disgusting perversion of Christianity that took place at the denominational convention… the leaders of the PCUSA voted NO on a measure to protect babies born alive after an abortion procedure!
Here is the recommendation brought forward by the Presbytery of South Alabama.
1. Call for the Presbyterian Mission Agency and member congregations to enter a two-year season of reflection upon the plight of children unwanted by human society, both born and not-yet born, and to purposefully seek to enter the pure worship of God by offering aid, comfort, and the Gospel to those responsible for the care of our most desperate orphans (including those who survive abortion procedures): parents, siblings, church and community leaders, and the medical profession.
2. Direct the Moderator of the General Assembly and the Stated Clerk to issue statements that denounce the practice of killing babies born live following an abortion procedure, such as was revealed in the Dr. Kermit Gosnell clinic in Philadelphia.
3. Direct the Moderator to appoint a Special Committee on Abortion Review, carefully balanced with members representing both pro-life and pro-choice viewpoints, to
a. Conduct a thorough assessment of the financial, in-kind, lodgment, publicity, and staff support that the PC(USA) provides to organizations such as Planned Parenthood, Presbyterians Affirming Reproductive Options, Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, and other abortion providers or pro-choice organizations. A similar review should be made of denominational support provided for pro-life organizations and pro-life crisis-pregnancy support centers.
b. Review existing policies and, if needed, propose new policies that will more accurately represent the PC(USA) in its breadth of conviction about abortion, taking into account our churches’ desire to worship God in purest form (Jas. 1:27). Any new policies shall incorporate more fully the voices of pro-life Presbyterians, who have to this point largely been kept silent in denominational advocacy.
So worried were the liberals at the PCUSA of maintaining their progressive credibility, they couldn’t approve this measure which asks three simple things:
- That they “enter a two-year season of reflection” on the plight of unwanted children.
- That they denounce the practice of killing babies who are born alive after failed abortions.
- That they give more attention to pro-life Presbyterians.
The Presbyterian convention overwhelmingly shut this proposal down. The Assembly voted 465 – 133 to disapprove of the recommendation. I think we can officially say that the PCUSA denomination is disgusting. They can’t event bring themselves to say murdering babies after they are born is bad…
That the PCUSA would approve of such immoral practices as they have is no surprise when you take into account their liberal theology. Pastor R.C. Sproul Jr. said it best with a recent Tweet: “The PCUSA for decades has sheltered “pastors” who deny Christ’s deity, virgin birth, resurrection. And people are upset about homo mirages?” [sp? Marriages]
I guess we could now include their resounding approval of murdering babies to that deplorable list.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com