If you need your daily dose of what’s going on, then you’ve come to the right place. Here’s “What we’re reading” at Eagle Rising today…
- David Gregory doesn’t think the Founding Fathers would approve of what Edward Snowden did, revealing the NSA snooping program. I think the Founding Fathers would be angry it took this long for someone to blow the whistle.
- A petition filed using the White House’s new online petition system is asking for people to sign up to ban the teaching of Intelligent Design. That’s bad, but it gets worse – 23,000 people signed up in agreement on the first day the petition was up. Hold on to your 1st Amendment folks… this could be a bumpy ride.
- The British equivalent of the Girl Scouts is dumping their vow to “love God”, instead they will now be “true to themselves”.
- Agra giant Monsanto continues to find new ways to be “The Bad Guy”. Monsanto gives capitalism a bad name because people think that Monsanto operates within a “capitalist” model… it does not. Monsanto is the epitome of corporatism – a business joining with the government to gain power over its sector of the economy. Monsanto has bribed its way to the top, buying politicians the way a normal person buys groceries – it’s time the general public stand up to the Monsanto’s of the world and refuse to buy their products.
- The Left is not as upset with Obama’s attacks on personal liberty as you’d think (or at all).
- The reasons our young people are choosing atheism might surprise you.
- Things are so bad in Brazil that even soccer icon Pele is no longer safe from attack.
- Paula Deen fans will no longer find her at the Food Network – some sins are not easily forgiven.
- File this last one under “ridiculous celebrities”: Rap mogul Kanye West and famous for nothing Kim Kardashian just welcomed their first child into the world and gave her the name… North West. From what I hear, the infant is having her lawyer draw up paperwork for emancipation.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com