The funny, and very patriotic, folks at Allen West Republic have published a piece reminding liberals of five things they always seem to forget about Independence Day. See, liberals today like to rewrite history so that people don’t remember the foundation of our nation and the issues our founders found most important. Well that won’t happen this year because Allen West is going to remind all of America about the reason our founders stood up and fought back against an oppressive British regime.
1. It’s about taxation without representation: Taxation is now in fact the redistribution of wealth in the name of fairness. What charities once gave, “entitlements” now take.
2. It was about Religious Freedom: What the ACLU was once FOR, they are now AGAINST. They are using a made up accusation of discrimination to prevent the actual practice of religious convictions.
3. It was about unjust laws: They did not pass the Bill of Rights to “see what’s in it.” It was thoroughly debated before it was brought to a vote.
4. It was about owning firearms: Simply put, YOU are the militia and government is the reason you need to bear arms.
5. It was about seizure of property: Now it is okay to seize your property for the common good. That is a key tenant of socialism and communism.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by EagleRising.com